Re: air door leak

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air door leak
From: KINGALIONZ11370@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:12:03 EDT
Info on where to put a check valve.

I have had to put check valves on several cars that have come into the shop.
Where I choose to put them is just after the lubricator.  this allows for the
ability to refill the lubricator without having to drain the entire air
system.  Stephen is correct about not putting a check valve on the lines going
the door cylinders.  Once you had the doors up you would not be able to close
them if you were to put a check valve there.  So there is only 1 place to put a
check valve, and that is as close to the compressor as possible.. if it comes
after the pressure switch the compressor will constantly be kicking on and
off as the air bleeds out after the system is completely full.  If it is put in
between the air tank and the control panel.. you would either not be able to
put are in the tank.. or you would not be able to get it back out.. in either
case very undesirable.  At the compressor is the only place you want a 1 way
street for the air to flow in the entire system.

John L