Re: 74 carb rebuild

To: jblair1948@cox.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 74 carb rebuild
From: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:38:57 +0000
I don't know about the article, but I just went to a shop that I have used
before that rebuilds, alternators, generators, starters and carbs and asked
them about rebuilding my 4300.  They said that although it was a great carb
for the 360 back then, that they would not rebuild it.  Apparently it has
two halves and once taken apart, air leaks are impossible to get rid of.
They  suggested taking it to Advance Auto and getting what ever Holly
replacement they have for it or I could spend up to $1,000 and get a really
good set up.  They said that carbs for 70s vintage cars are getting harder
to come by now. This shop has been around for a long time  and they rebuilt
my Bricklin alternator as well as others.  I think I'll go to Advance.

Alan Coleman

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded
its 2MB  storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage!