Freeze out Plug?

To: "bricklin questions" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Freeze out Plug?
From: "Gary DellaZanna" <gary@dellazanna.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:44:05 -0400
Does anyone know if the 351W has a freeze out plug?

I am concerned I may have cracked my block.  I moved out of state last year
and rented a house without a garage. My money too tight to afford long term
storage.  I would have had to sell the car to afford the garage...The car
sat all winter with a cover.  I had Antifreeze in it but it was at least 2-3
years old.

My situation has improved and I just bought a house with a 2 car garage.  I
unwrapped my car this past weekend and was pretty happy how well it held up.
I have it a good bath and a vacuum, check the oil and jump started it.  It
started right up.  I let it idle for about 25 min and noticed it was hotter
than I would have expected (220).  I figured I'd drain the radiator and give
it some fresh water/antifreeze.

When I "tried" to fill the radiator, the water just poured out near the back
of the engine, near the transmission.  I still do not have a garage yet and
I can not jack it up where I am.

I will be getting the car towed to my new house after we close and will be
able to work on it.

Any advice would be helpful.

Gary
2113