new headers for my Brick

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: new headers for my Brick
From: AAFS172@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:33:20 EDT
Ok, I went and purchased the National Parts Depot tri-y headers Part
#9430-10.  Yes, they went on the car BUT,  the shop had to put a fifty cent
piece size dimple on both sides down by the collectors.   One to miss the
trani bell housing on the drivers side and the other to miss some suspension
parts on the pass side.  NOW......They also had to cut the collector flange
off to enable then to put it in the bender and angle both downward as to miss
the drivers/pass side floor boards,  after which the welded the flange back
on.
The shop then ran new larger pipe all the way back to my new Flowmaster
muffler
( 1974 Camaro ?....anyway it fit perfect) and what a difference in get up and
go.  I have not even installed my new manifold, carb, high energy ignition
and I love what the exhaust has done.
I plan on having my local radiator shop use my original tanks but put in a
higher efficiency core, then install two new 2300cfm electric fans (a little
redundancy to make me feel better) one pusher outside and one puller inside.
I'll get ride of the mechanical fan all together (will add more horse power).
As we all know, air like water, will go in the direction of least resistance.
 So I feel we are losing a lot of our cooling air around,  instead of through
our radiators.  By mounting the electric fans directly to the radiator (with
foam gasket so no damage will acurr)  we should be able to force a lot more
cooling air through.   This should help tremendously in stop and go traffic.
I'll check back in when as I'm able to complete my tasks.

Greg Arend
Flagstaff, AZ

Greg