the body

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: the body
From: annie burgess <annieb@mail.mcn.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:03:22 -0800
#319 is finally going to get some attention.  my 87 year old father and
my 28 year old son and i are going to try to put the bricklin body
together.  in this situation, the bricklin body may be secondary to the
process of passing along the understanding and skills from generation to
generation.

the car has both rear quarters still attached and the rear hatch and the
back piece are still in place (the rear hatch needs to be replaced).  i
have a new fiberglass hood, t-top, fenders, a pillars and hood
extension.  i have one new door skin and a few used ones.

i have a few tech tip articles that i got with the car and have been
saving all the e-mails from the list.  i also have the parts list and
the shop manual (thanks scott).  i need to join the club.

i would appreciate any info that anyone cares to make about this
process.  order in which to fit things, fitting tips, things to do
before fitting the body, etc.

the cars runs pretty well and it drove into the garage under its own
power.  i have rebuit the motocraft 4300 and had the vacuum compressor
done by hadley.  it seems as though the air resevoir is the rear bumper
but i have never tried to operate the doors.

i have about two weeks with my dad and much less with my son ("cats in
the cradle").  i don't know how far we will get.  i will try to take
digitals and have the kid figure out what i need to do to post them.
maybe some on the list would be interested in realizing that there is
someone out there more retarted than.......

thanks,

bob