Re: hydrolic

To: serge.ber@sympatico.ca, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hydrolic
From: "George Malaska" <gmalaska@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:58:00 -0500
  Serge, the reason for the air systems were that they are much more
reliable than the hydraulics. They also do not stress the door frames. If
you look at a door that has hydraulics you'll likely find cracks in the
dogleg and also the door will be twisted. The air system is much gentler.
The hydraulic needs a GOOD battery and the lines were prone to breaking and
spraying fluid all over the interior. Done right, the air system is trouble
free and as far as freezing up in the winter, just do what we do on trucks
with air brakes, add a little alcohol to the system and freezing is not a
problem. Hope this helps.

>From: serge <serge.ber@sympatico.ca>
>To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
>Subject: hydrolic
>Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:42:46 -0500
>
>Here I am trying to make hydraulic system here and all bricklin had them
>before ...This is not for bricklins I need two hydraulic cylinders that
>can lift 250 pounds,,,One 12 volts switch...And one 12 volts hydraulic
>pump...and lines that pumps up and down....Must be good in cold
>weather.....Any ideas where and how would be best for this....Why did
>you all change too air system on bricklin...Air system on Bricklin does
>air lines freeze in winter???? Lines must form water in system and when
>left during night at -45 it should all freeze up right ?Thanks for
>input..Waiting for suggestions Serge vin 1733

George J. Malaska, VIN#768
V.P. Membership, Bricklin International
Elkhart, IN. 46514
Home: 574-262-0649