Re: White Brick on E-Bay's Hood "scoop" number 2 and cooling

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>, "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: White Brick on E-Bay's Hood "scoop" number 2 and cooling
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:22:22 -0500
Hi Kim, actually you referred to two posts, particularly in your post:

"So, who knows, maybe the fan thing or vents will work. Kim"

So let me make this perfectly clear,  the twin fans work.   I have taken the
time to post the required part #s and method so that others may benefit.
The B typically runs at 180deg whether in traffic or cruising at any speed,
slightly cooler in the mild winters of Miami.  The consistency of
temperature is accomplished with t'stat controlled elec fans while using a
17" mech fixed fan behind the radiator.  Whether this same consistency can
be seen with the combination of these elec fans and an OEM fan & clutch in
place of the fixed fan is unknown.  I felt this was an accomplishment since
previous attempts by even the most experienced restorers ended in dismal
failure.  Such is the process of trial and error and even failures are good
lessons.   I have also posted the somewhat ambiguous results of other mods,
such as an HO waterpump, re-coring to 4rows, additives, and clutchless fans.
All of which I have survived.    Of course, a properly running motor will
run cooler.  Timing, fuel mixture, a clean radiator, and a functioning
t'stat and waterpump are necessary.  Removing t'stats can have untoward
effects and are really a dubious method of adding some cooling.  Often, the
talk of proper cooling includes the velocity of water flow vs. volume and so
on.   Enough to make one dizzy.  But I thought my post was pretty basic.
Anyway, I hope this clears things up for you or anyone else, no ifs, buts,
or maybes.  As always, thanks for your input.  We are all here to learn from
one another.

stephan #2821

///
///