ignition module

To: Bricklin Group <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: ignition module
From: Richard Hayes <rickandsue19@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 22:16:08 -0500
I decided to change my ignition module on #782 (75) as preventative
maintenance. The ford people had a replacement which it was identical
except that the wiring harness (there are two a four wire and a three
wire) on the replacement had 2 wires instead of 3 as on the original.
The blue wire had been eliminated. The service person checked in the
manual and it stated that 75 and earlier had a third blue wire but it
was not needed on the replacement. I purchased it ($75.00 canadian) and
put it on my Brick, it will not start. I put the old one back on and it
started fine. Does anyone know what the blue wire was? Could it be a
ground that they eliminated and my module is not grounding through the
housing (my panel insides are heavily coated with paint.) Any help would
be appreciated as I cannot return the part.

Thanks in advance
Rick Hayes
www.drive.to/ricksbrick

///