Re: console needed

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: console needed
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:18:47 GMT
On both of the bricks that I have owned, the original consoles were either
shot, or getting shot. I recommend that everyone, while their console is
decent, do two things. First, put a new emergency boot in there to reduce
all the heat, second, lay a thin veneer of epoxy snf fiberglass on the
inside to strengthen it. In fact, on the totally damaged 75 that I had, I
pieced together the plastic like a jig saw and salvaged the console, though
it was rough.  I think they take a beating cause of the heat and cause some
folks naturally lean on them when getting in and out. Kim