Re: carpet opinions

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carpet opinions
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:37:33 EDT
> Just buy some from tanner or hoffman, get that insulating padding from
>  J.C.Whitney and their spray on contact cement, pop those seats, seat
belts,
>  sills and console out of there and in about 4-8 hours you will have a much
>  nicer car.

Right.  Just to be devil's advocate though, neither Bob nor Terry could get
top quality carpet in Bricklin color (brown).  Brown is evidently a difficult
color to find; they got the best that they could, but it is not premium
quality.  If you get a pre-cut set from them, it will be much easier to put
in than trying to cut it yourself or letting some cowboy tear up your car.
You might find a good restorer who could locate a better brown carpet and put
it in correctly, but that's a big chance and good luck.  I recommend you get
it from BH or TT.

Kim, 4-8 hours to replace all the carpets and insulation???  Want to come do
mine?  Just kidding, but that seems a little optimistic to me at least.

George