RE: Check out free DSL service from FreeDSL.com!

To: "'serge.ber@sympatico.ca'" <serge.ber@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: RE: Check out free DSL service from FreeDSL.com!
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 07:48:49 -0500
Guess You did not read this (directly from the web page)
Thank you for your concerns regarding spam. Broadband Digital Group, Inc. (BDG)
takes a very strong position on spammers. All persons registering with BDG are
required to read and accept the following terms (which are outlined in our End
User License Agreement). We will contact the person responsible for this spam
and take appropriate action.
Terms:
BDG users cannot not use spam to obtain Referrals. You cannot use unsolicited
e-mail, Usenet, message board postings, or similar correspondence (spam) to
gather referrals. (Usenet and message board spam are messages sent or posted,
which are unrelated to the topic of discussion of the particular news group or
message board.) The use of spam to promote the BDG services has strict negative
consequences. Not only will BDG terminate You from receiving Internet Services
in BDG's sole and absolute discretion for using unsolicited e-mail to gain
referrals (a spammer), BDG will also sever the branch of the referral tree made
up of direct and extended referrals obtained by the spammer, and will terminate
the license to use the Winfire Browser Assistant.
Any BDG end user or sponsor who engages in spamming is in violation of this BDG
policy and can cause BDG financial harm or damage its goodwill and business
reputation. BDG reserves the right to recover from such violating sponsor or end
user, the losses resulting from violation of this agreement. By having the
Winfire Browser Assistant, each end user or Partner agrees to indemnify and hold
BDG harmless against all claims, damages, and brutalities resulting from such
violation of this policy. Additionally, BDG reserves the right to report any
instances of spamming to appropriate authorities and/or third-party Web sites
that take and publish information regarding spamming.
We are sorry if a spammer has inconvenienced you, and assure you that
appropriate action will be taken.