Questions from a Bricklin neophyte

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Questions from a Bricklin neophyte
From: Jess Nicholas <jessn@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 00:15:59 -0600
Guess I should probably introduce myself first...

My name is Jess, and I live in Alabama. I have wanted one of these cars
ever since I saw one in an Automobile Quarterly magazine way back in
1983. I now finally have the means to acquire one and have found several
in my area.

The car I am focusing on is a red (painted) 1975 of unknown lineage or
mileage. The odo is showing 44,000 and we have no idea if it has wrapped
around yet. The car has a custom interior (Corvette seats, hand-laid
silver vinyl interior on the surfaces, custom-built console) and has
been converted to air doors, which leak. The car was originally white.

Here are the questions, if any of you might have time to answer them:

* How feasible is it to convert this car to a nice electronic fuel
injection system?

* What are the options for upgrading the ignition system?

* The headlights on this car are stuck in the "up" position. How
difficult is that to rectify? (My father has a 1970 Corvette. Same
problem.)

* Is there a basic set of modifications I should be aware of for this
vehicle? If so, where is a good place to find a list (assuming one
exists)?

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know everyone here better.

Jess Nicholas
Russellville, Alabama