Re: Flow rate and thermal transfer

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flow rate and thermal transfer
From: "Mike and Candy Joehrendt" <Joehrend@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:44:20 -0400
>> Any one ever tried water wetter?

Not to be picky, but antifreeze/water mix IS " wetter" (as far as heat
transfer goes) !!  This is one of those cases where more is not better.  A
mix is better than straight water or antifreeze -follow the label.

>I have. I didn't make any difference as far as I could tell.
>
>One thing that has helped a little is to put an electric fan in front of
the
>radiator. I put a switch under the dash and, if I get stuck in traffic, I
>turn that fan on to supplement the engine driven fan and increase airflow
>through the radiator.

I did this too, but I used a thermostatically controlled fan.

Most of the talk in the early Brickline articles centered around various
ways to increase airflow through the radiator.  It seems the engine
compartment is not conducive to good airflow.

Mike