RE: heat/ac

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: heat/ac
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:32:46 -0400
>   The way the aux fan is installed (in the heater door), it
>   sounds like it only boosts the output of the heater and not the A/C as it
>   would not force air over the evaporator. Is that correct??

Alan,
   I had the whole thing apart and did not stop to completely figure out the
system.  It would have been easy with it all apart though.
   So...the rest of this is from what I think that I remember....
   For A/C, I think that the aux fan takes air from the inside of the car and
sends it by the heater core but not through it beacuse the hot/cold control
would be set on cold and the door that controls how much heat would be on the
back side of the heater core (causing it to stop flow in that dirrection)) and
adding to the regular fan and then going through the evaporator...so it could
only help the A/C.
   As for the heat...it seemed like that the output of the aux fan went right to
the intake of the regular fan after going past the back side of the heater core
(like the A/C).  Normally the regular fan would suck air through the heater core
and then out but when the aux fan would be on IT would be pushing air into the
intake of the reg fan thus removing all vacuum that the reg fan was supposed to
provide to get the warm air through the system.
   Maybe there is someone else out there that knows for sure? Or has theirs
apart and can tell us the possible paths through the system. (with or without
the aux fan)
   If I am totally wrong I would not mind hearing it.

                                                Jamie