Re: Any help on turn signals

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Any help on turn signals
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 20:55:12 -0400
At 09:19 AM 5/21/99 PDT, Kim wrote:

>My turn signals have stopped working -- I think that it happened while the
>wheel was being tilted. Neither right nor left works and I am hoping that
>the problem is something external rather than inside the column.  The
>emergency flashers and tail/brake lights work. Any suggestions where I
>should start?

Kim,

   You say, "neither the right nor let works".  Turn on your left blinker,
and walk around the car, are is either the front OR back turn signal
light.  Then try the same thing for the right blinker.  If so, you just
have a coincidence and lost one bulb from each side at the same time.

If not, the quickest and cheapest is to shot gun the flasher unit.
However, you can check to see if you have power to the lead when you
turn on your blinker.  If not, then the problem is most likely in your
steering col. at the turn signal switch.

If you get power to the flasher unit, but it doesn't click, then the
flasher unit is probably bad.

Now for the bad news.  If the problem appears to be in the steering
col. you will have to pull it apart.  I believe most of the autoparts
stores sell a "HELP" blinker switch replacement switch.  It is simply
a small plastic part.

Let us know what you find.  This might be a good "Novice Corner" article.
blinker module,>

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: webus80.wang.com/BI (new adderss)