RE: Bricklin weight (roll cage)

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Bricklin weight (roll cage)
From: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 06:54:51 -0400
I'm adding a roll cage to reinforce the frame more than to protect the
occupants of the car.  The birdcage/body is a stressed member, but it's
isolated from the body by rubber mounts, so I don't think it would be
effective against small torsional deformations of the chassis associated
with hard cornering or transitional maneuvers.

Since the rollcage attaches directly to the frame, and is a stressed member,
it should add some protection against this kind of chassis flex.  It will
almost certainly just be a partial (ie: 4-point) cage.  If I can manage it
without being too obtrusive, I might make it a 6-pointer, but I think that's
the limit.
--
Phil Martin                             pmartin@surgnav.com
"I'm a Charger, charging through the night,