Fw: Octane Boosters

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Octane Boosters
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:36:35 -0400

> Greg,
>
> Thanks for the informative post.  As a chemist and with some knowledge
> of the compounds mentioned, I read it with interest.
>
> A couple points:  Yes, xylene and toluene are suspected carcinogens,
========
I'm not surprised, considering the number of guy's I've known that used this
stuff and got cancer. They smoked too, so they were victims waiting to
happen.

As much of this stuff as I've snorted over the years, I'm a candidate
myself. :^((
========
> unlike their parent benzene which is a know carcinogen.  Tests on
> laboratory animals have shown inconclusive results on the former two.
>
> Secondly, isopropyl alcohol is not rubbing alcohol exactly.  Rubbing is
> 70% isopropyl and I assume the remainder is water.
========
I just reprinted the article from a Triumph website, but the label on my own
bottle says "Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol", contains 70% by volume of Isopropyl
Alcohol. So I can see why someone would make this mistake.

Thanks for the input.

GM