Brick, fiberglass work

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Brick, fiberglass work
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:05:23 -0500
Got a couple of questions:

1. As I've said, I pulled the seat and trunk pans out of 887.  On the bottom
   of the trunk pan around the battery and door compartments has a lot of
   junk.  Sort-of looks like aligator skin.  I don't know if this is a
   build up of dirt or if the outer layer of fiberglass (resin) is breaking
   down.  I cleaned most of it off with a sander.  Anybody else noticed
   this, and or know what it is?

2. I've sanded all the old glue off the fiberglass.  Now this means that I
   did sand slightly into the fiber glass floor/trunk pans.  I need to do
   a little fix up work on these anyway.  So I planed to cover the entire
   top and bottom of the panels with fiberglass resin.  My question is,
   I plan on using the glue that is used on Corvets, a semi-rigid poly-
   eurothaine (sp).  Should I know have an exterior coating of resin along
   the areas where the glue is going?  Does it make any difference?

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi