Fw: bricklin story

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: bricklin story
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 00:43:35 -0500
They are amazing, aren't they? In '77, I was stopped when a Cadillac bunted
me into an intersection.

It caused some minor cobwebbing, two divots out of the bumper, a cracked
tail light, and flat spots on the tires, but that's all. Fortunately, there
was no cross traffic to nail me. The Caddy had to have the entire front end,
both fenders, the hood, and the windshield replaced. I wasn't injured.

Police estimated impact speed as in excess of 25mph, well above their
official 2.5mph NHSTA rating.

As a comparison, in '89, I had a similar accident in a '69 El Camino. It was
crushed in the rear and rippled all the way to the doorjambs. I suffered two
crushed cervical discs, two cracked cervical vertebrae, and a cracked arch.

GM