Has anyone done the epa test - plus seat belt question?

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Has anyone done the epa test - plus seat belt question?
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 11:43:12 PDT
Since #618 needs to have a little freon added and I hate to waste money
(gobs of money, I've heard) paying a shop plus the inconvience, I
researched the subject a bit and found that a person can study and pass
the epa test online for about 20.00 (it's supposed to be an easy test,
like a driving test).  After that, one can buy the small containers of
r-12. Has anyone done that and does anyone know what NAPA prices are for
the freon?

I am in the middle of doing the carpet and I am re-installing the seat
belts.  I am having a problem with both of the seat belt bolts that
attach the end of the belt to the side of the car body.  It acts like
the large nuts that are behind the valances are stripped but I find that
hard to believe.  These star bolts removed a little funny as I recall;
now I am wondering whether the thickness of the carpet is keeping the
bolts from starting or whether there is something elso going on that I
should be aware of.  By the way, putting carpets in is definitely a
chore and not for the faint of heart.  I may write a narrative of my
travails for the mag. Kim.