Re: Water Temp guage

To: "Olson, Scott" <scottolson@cascon.com>
Subject: Re: Water Temp guage
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 18:35:52 -0400
At 01:45 AM 5/11/98 -0500, Olson, Scott wrote:

>My water temp sender has been determined to be non-existent by my own
>hand (thanks JB).  If anyone has any information about the AMC360 water
>temp sender that will ease my search for a replacement, I would
>appreciate it (Like a part # or a place to find it).  A little known
>piece of automotive know-how is that a water temperature guage seldom
>works if the temp sender is replaced by an intake manifold blank plug.

Scott,

   Let your fingers do the walking.  Get your local yellow pages out and
start calling various auto electric vendors (or one of the Brick vendors).
The Brick uses VDO guages.  I know of at least one store in my town that
sell VDO guages.  They should also sell the sending units.  Also try any
after market auto parts store for the sending unit.  As to cost, I just
paid $15 for the sending unit for the temp guage on my Morgan.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V