Re: removing glue

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: removing glue
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:45:17 -0400
At 12:42 PM 5/2/98 -0500, S.G.Schiro wrote:

>You didn't mention whether the panel is the original acrylic or painted
>or both.  I have a similar problem, but since I want to remove the paint
>and acrylic from the fiberglass panels, I have successfully used more
>powerful solvents like MEK.  Suggest you try a mild solvent such as a
>citris based product as a first pass and only move to more agressive
>solvents if necessary....

You might also try some lighter fluid.  The kind used to refil a Zipo
lighter.  There is a product called something like "GOO off" or some
such thing.  It smells exactly light lighter fluid.  As George said,
use it sparingly.  However it evaporates very quickly so I don't think
it will damage the acrylic.

Another thing to try is a very mild buffing compound like "Finessit" (sp).

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V