Re: Hand Brake

To: "Olson, Scott" <scottolson@cascon.com>
Subject: Re: Hand Brake
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 19:52:15 -0400
At 04:07 PM 5/1/98 -0500, Olson, Scott wrote:

>#466 did not have a hand brake, so I bought a replacement one
>from terry.....

>....In my estimation it should be a 2-4" wire or rod with a hook
>on both ends.  What is this?  Does anyone have a spare?  Has anyone
>made a new one?

Scott, I can't really help here.  All my stuff is in boxes someplace.

>Second,  It looks like the bolt holes for the handbrake (the two on the
>left side) are plugged up.  Is it bpossible that the bolts were sheared?
>If I need to drill out these holes what method is recommended?  And how
>was the handbrake attached to the car.  Two bolts witha  threaded hole?
>Two bolts with nuts on the underside of  the car?  I think I need those
>nuts/bolts too.

That is correct.  There are 2 bolts that attach the e-brake to the car.
It is very possible that the bolts are sheared.  As to drilling them
out, you hit the nail on the head.  Good luck.  That is a real pain.
As to the nuts, they were welded on to the bottom of the metal
reinforcement plate that goes under the fiberglass transmission tunnel.

You might want to check out:
  http://www.dimebank.com/tech/BrokenBolt.html

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V