Re: newbie!

To: illyana delorean <illyanadmc@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: newbie!
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 21:42:21 -0400
At 04:05 PM 4/7/98 -0700, illyana delorean wrote:

>AAH! another new person on the bricklin list! another uneducated
>bricklin fan to add to the list of question-posers on this list!...

Well welcome aboard!  If you are looking to learn more about the
Brick. let me be the first to invite you to join Bricklin International.

>... "Awesome! It's a mix of a DeLorean and a Corvette!" is what my
>brother commented, ....

At the risk of offending the Delorean owners, the DeLorean is an off
shoot of the Brick.  The Brick went into design in 70 and production
in 74 & 75 with a production run of about 2914.  The DeLorean didn't
go into design until after Bricklin failed and a production run of
about almost 3 time as many units (about 8,000).

>....I would like to learn more about them. this meaning i will
>probably ask frequent questions, but only after consulting websites
>and/or new friends....

Not a problem.  Most of us here want to spread the Marque and are
happy to talk about our cars.

>....i have learned that many people on mailing lists do not like
>new members very much due to their frequent asinine questions
>about the subject at hand and such.....

I am a member of many mailing lists and I must admitt that at times
I have a tendency to sluff off novice questions.  But that is mostly
because I've usually answered the same question several times and
am just running short on time.  We, the "old timers" can't forget that
we were once novices and need newcommers to help our numbers grow.
I've found through the years that when an orginization forgets this
fundimental pricipal, it dies!  If for no other reason that the old
timers die.

So we are glad to have you, and I really think that the group of people
on this list will be more than happy to answer you questions.

By The Way (BTW) we need to look at the questions that are asked on the
list.  We've been very fortunate and I don't really see a lot of
repetition.  But if and when we see it, we ought to look into putting
the answers to these questions in the FAQ.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V