Question regarding Shifter

To: "Bricklin (E-mail)" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question regarding Shifter
From: "Olson, Scott" <scottolson@cascon.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 12:36:45 -0600
Thanks to everyone who helped me with my Air doors question.  Looks like
I will first try to fix the current system (remount the compressor where
it should be).  I'll let everyone know how it goes.

My next question.  Has anyone ever replaced the cheezy shifter for the
'74 automatics with a Hurst or Dayton or B&M etc.?  The plastic one is
too easy to shift into the wrong gear (when racing around) without a
positive mechanical lockout system.  Plus it adds to the vending machine
appearance of the interior of the car.  I was curious if anyone had
sucess or failure in finding/installing a decent replacement.

Plus I love the look of the Hurst with all the levers and stuff on it.
The performance of my car (which I am not ashamed of at all) screams for
a more impressive shift mechanism.