Fw: Replacing the Autocraft Carb with a Holley

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Replacing the Autocraft Carb with a Holley
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:39:34 -0500
I stopped in at the local Super Shops yesterday to price some Comp TA's and
was told they were bankrupt and closing their doors! I didn't think to ask
if it was nationwide though. FWIW, the 4165 is probably the best all around
performer with spreadbore design and mechanical secondaries in lieu of the
4160s vacuum actuation. They also have the same metering block on both
primary and secondary whereas the 4160 doesn't have replaceable jets or a
power valve on the secondary for peak tuning. 4165's are also available with
manual choke if desired. I'm not familiar with '74s, but I imagine you would
have to change the manifold to a spreadbore design. Well worth the expense
though. The 650cfm version should work well.

GM