FAQ question

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: FAQ question
From: tbenvie@bu.edu (thomas m. benvie)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 22:51:33 -0500
While reading the FAQs on the web page, I saw the comment on removing the
torque links from the rearend as they hinder handling.  How?  The reason
the later Bricklins didn't have them is because AMC discontinued them from
the Hornet/Gremlin line, as they were longer than the Javelin/AMX version,
and the demand was not there for performance Gremlins/Hornets when you
could get a Javelin or AMX.  The torque links acted like traction bars, by
eliminating axle windup on acceleration.  They had some adjustment to suit
your needs. They also prevented some body sway on turns (but not enough
that a sway bar isn't needed).  If you don't want yours for some reason,
let me know as a whole lot of AMCers would love them.  They have been
proven on the AMXs to work better than expected.  So how do they hurt
Bricklins?