Re: DeLorean

To: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:04:08 -0400
At 02:56 PM 9/30/97 -0500, S.G.Schiro wrote:

Just to pick on George a little,

>The gullwing doors are not very heavy, i.e. they don't need power
>actuation.

I think they are about as heavy.  Delorian knew of the problems Bricklin
had with the hydrolics so instead the Delorain has tortion bars in the
roof to "assist" opening the door.

>The engine, if memory serves, is a saab/renault four banger of about 3
>liters.

Your pretty close. RPV - Renault, Pugeot and Volvo V6 - positioned in the
rear.

>Don't know too much about these powerplants, but I expect they can be
>supercharged or turbocharged.

>From all I've heard, the car is a bit enimic and doesn't have power
steering.  To help, the DID turboize many of the later cars with some of
them having twin turbos.

>If I was going to run into a bridge abutment at 70 mph, I'd rather be
>in a Bricklin.

George, no argument there!!!!!

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire