Re: upper rad. hose

To: giandtb@mb.sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: upper rad. hose
From: Steve Bepko <sbepko@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 21:16:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 28 Sep 1997 giandtb@mb.sympatico.ca wrote:

> ordered upper rad. hose as a spare part, gates 20711 . the dealer said
> this number is no more ( in canada ) and gave me gates 21953 which looks
> close but around 4 inches too long . is gates 20711 still avaiable in the
> u.s.a. or has the number changed also. is the flex gates 26415 worth
> getting or stay with the moulded ones.
>
>                                    george iluk

Couldn't find the upper hose (molded version) for VIN 301 (74 AMC engine),
went with the flex version, no problems so far.  Purists would probably
suggest staying with the molded version.

Speaking of the cooling system, the radiator developed a pinhole near the
top.  A quick fix that worked well here (and has worked long term for me
in the past on another car) was to mix some 2-part epoxy (1-2 hour working
time, would not recommend the "fast" 5-minute types...) and some steel
wool together, then slap it on over ther general area of the pinhole, cure
with a heat gun for a few minutes, then overnight at ambient temperature.

I am Pentium of Borg, precision is futile,
you will be approximated...

     /  |  .        sbepko@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us          . .      .      |