Re: Joe made me realize ...

To: "Somerville, Wallace A" <somervil@vafb.aero.org>
Subject: Re: Joe made me realize ...
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 17:58:45 -0400
At 08:51 AM 7/2/97 -0700, Somerville, Wallace A wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>Joe message got me to thinking ... I also have sent postings that did not
>appear, at least as far as I could tell.  Being a neophyte to list servers I
>re-examined my previous messages and realized that on those that apparently
>did not appear I had done a message reply.  Apparently, this does not send
>the posting to the list server - perhaps it goes to the individual who
>originated the message?  Anyway, being new to this I thought I would appeal
>for some knowledgeable individual to post a few guidelines and tips to help
>out those of us who are not network pro's.
>Thanks,

Andrew,

   What happened was the when you did a reply it sent the message ONLY to
the person that had originated the message that you were replying to.

Depending on you mail package (I use Eudora) which has a "reply" and a
the "reply".  If you want it to go to the originator and the list, use the

The list's address will usually be placed in the "Copies To".

If you're mail program doesn't support the "reply all" then you will have
to manually insert the mailing list's address either in the "To" field,
or in the "cc" field.

An example of the "reply" was when I saw you 1st post, I emailed you
privately (Not including the list) when I asked you for some personal
information.

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire