Website testimonials...

Subject: Website testimonials...
From: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 17:02:09 -0400
Well - I can say with certainty that I wouldn't join BI if
it wasn't for the website (I plan to, but haven't yet) for
one fairly simple reason:

I wouldn't have bought my Bricklin if it wasn't for the website.

I found the car by fluke and it caught my interest, so I hit
the web looking for info and found Scott's page.  It was
pretty meager at the time, but at least it was there, and
Scott was obviously willing to help - even if he was a bit
biased in the car's favour... ;)

You can bet that if I had to look up BI and join and order a
stack of back issues before getting any meaningful info on
the car I never would have made the purchase.  To tell the
truth, my only interest in BI and the Brickline is the
technical content, and the website and _especially_ the
mailing list are _amazing_ complements to each other and
presumably to the Brickline.

I know that it's a truism, but I've got to say: Computers
and the web _have_ changed the way information is disseminated.
If the good folks at BI don't see that, or think that they
can resist it, then they're nuts.  If it wasn't for the
site, I wouldn't even know that BI existed.  As far as I'm
concerned, if the BI folks don't see the site & list as
beneficial, they have it 100% backwards...

I thought that the point of the club was to share Bricklin
info and to allow fellow owners to meet and exchange ideas.
That's also what the site & list are about.

I can say one thing for damn sure:  If the club pushes the
site out of existance, I'll NEVER join.

--
Phil Martin                     pmartin@isgtec.com
"I think I'm dumb"     - Kurt Cobain,  'Dumb'