Re: Bricklin Coming Out of Storage

To: cotterel@hal-pc.org, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin Coming Out of Storage
From: Pugsracer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 10:26:33 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-08 13:26:17 EDT, cotterel@hal-pc.org (John M.
Cotterell) writes:

<< 1.  The gasoline has been in the tank WAY too long, so need to drain and
 flush the fuel system.  I don't see a drain on the gas tank, so is there
 anything I should know or watch out for when I release the tank support
 straps?

Why take the tank off? get a siphon tube at a parts store or hook up an
electric fuel pump in line somewhere and drain into a gas can. It would be
easier and safer than having a tank of gas fall on you.

 2.  The interior is purely stock and needs an industrial grade
 cleaning.  Any do's, don'ts, or absolutely don't do's?  My current idea
 is to take it to a detailing shop and let them work out on it.

Be careful of damaging that fake suede it is no longer around.

 good luck. Pugs
Pugsracer@aol.com