Hypothetical Marketing

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Hypothetical Marketing
From: Frank Slater <fslater@nb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 21:09:45 -0800
Hi there,

        I am taking an MBA program from Queen's university in Canada.  I
live in Saint John, New Brunswick where of course the Bricklin was
manufactured.  My team and i have to do a term project where we relaunch
a  product that didn't make it.  We chose the Bricklin.  One of our team
members is in the current government and has access to some of the
records.
        Some questions we are trying to answer are, why did it fail?  Was
it simply production, quality problems, or was it more?
Is the concept of a "safe" sports car more than the public can handle?
If the Bricklin project were to be launched today and the car was as
advanced realtive to its competition as it was then, what would you have
to do ensure its acceptance and success.
        I understand Terry Tanner was involved in the manufacturing of
the car and would love to hear from him.
        If anyone out there has any information, ideas or just plain old
opinions, we would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Frank.