[Bmcu] Starter Failure (update)

To: "saloons@jag-lovers.org" <saloons@jag-lovers.org>,
Subject: [Bmcu] Starter Failure (update)
From: Ryan Border <ryan_border@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:09:47 -0800 (PST)
I was able to fish out the two pieces from the bell-housing, through the ho=
le that the throwout lever goes through (bigger, higher on the side).

I got all the parts together, and took an inventory.=A0=A0 Something was ob=
viously missing- looked like it should probably be a spring.=A0=A0 Found a =
diagram in one of my manuals and confirmed... it's a big spring.=A0 The man=
ual calls it the starter "main spring".

I think I finally found it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DZqwakV3_feQ

It's really stuck.=A0 I'm thinking the turning motor (under the torque of t=
he starter) wedged it in here, between the flywheel and the bell-housing.=
=A0=A0 Back turning the motor by hand, might free it.=A0 If that doesn't wo=
rk, I think I'll be doing major surgery on this thing-

Ryan.