[Bmcu] Important Torrey Info

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bmcu] Important Torrey Info
From: R J DAVIS <rogerdavis87@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:00:27 -0600
Tourers,

Here is the schedule for our departure on Saturday and the weekend.

If you are going on the Tour and have not contacted me, please do so that we
don't leave anyone behind.

 Roger D

Saturday, May 28th

8:00 AM:  Northerners will meet in the Southeast
Parking lot of the South Towne Mall.
We will head south on I-15 at 8:30 AM  SHARP!
Exit I-15   Exit # 258

9:30AM ish:  Southerners will meet Northerners at
the Chevron on the north side of eastbound US 6 in Spanish Fork.  This is the
first traffic light after exiting eastbound onto US 6.  Good place for a rest
stop. Gas & Snacks.

***Please let me know in advance
if you intend to join the tour in Spanish Fork.***

10AM ish:  We head east on US 6 to US 89.  South on US 89 towards Thistle and
Fairview, UT.   In Fairview,
we will make a quick rest stop before heading EAST on U 31 towards
Huntington.

Will stop near the summit of
this canyon to gather everyone & make certain that all have made it thus
far.

In Huntington, at the
junction of U 31 and U 10, we will turn right towards Castle Dale and our
lunch
stop at Big Mommas.  There is a
Maverick across the street from the restaurant for gas & snacks.

After lunch, we will continue
south on U 10.  We will CONTINUE
UNDER I-70  and on towards Loa.  Note: the first part of this road is
labeled Frontage Road and that is OK.
Just continue on for a BEAUTIFUL road to Loa which is now U 72.

DO NOT ENTER ONTO I-70!!!

In Loa, turn Left (east) on
U-24 toward Bicknell & Torrey.
Our hotel, Howard Johnsons, (435-425-3866) is on the east side of
Torrey.  Tell Art, the manager,
that youre with the British Motor Club.
We stayed there last weekend and Art is excited to see us and our
vehicles.

Sunday, May 29th

The hotel has breakfast
included with your room and this is a good place to find out what others have
planned for the day.

This part of Utah has INCREDIBLE
scenery and wonderfully smooth and
twisty roads.  If you want a day
long tour that is possible.  If you
want a shorter ride after our long trip, that is possible, along with
everything in between.  I would
recommend that you stick with the paved roads where you will have access to
historic districts, petroglyphs, great cliffs, natural bridges, regional
folding
of the sedimentary formations, and waterfalls.  Check out Capitol Reef
National Park and Bryce Canyon
National Park on the Internet.

Monday, May 30th

Your return route to home is
up to you.  You can retrace your
route, which provides completely different views, or select another
possibility.  Those in a hurry may
head up Hwy 24 & 50 to Scipio and I-15.  Those more prone to the view at
Sunbeam Alpine speeds are
welcome to find their way on Hwy 24 to Salina and Hwy 28 to Nephi.  Or you can
continue north on Hwy 89
through Thistle to Spanish Fork and the back roads, to avoid the freeway, to
Salt Lake City.

Roger Davis
1906 E. Parkridge Dr.
Cottonwood Hts, UT  84121