[Bmcu] Torrey Tourers - 11 days and counting

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bmcu] Torrey Tourers - 11 days and counting
From: R J DAVIS <rogerdavis87@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 17:19:24 -0600
Hi, gang.  You sure had a great weekend for an Antelope Island run.

Jill and I decided that since Saturday was our anniversary, that we would take
a long weekend instead.  We opted to follow the route that we will take in 11
Days and see if anything had changed from last year.   Here is our pre-tour
report.

First, the roads are good.  No problems.  Even in Castledale, where they are
replacing a bridge, we had no problems.  Traffic lights keep the vehicles
moving.  Also in Castledale, we found a restaurant that serves a variety of
sandwiches, (Jill had an excellent French Dip), pizzas, hamburgers, salads and
SCONES!.  I had a hamburger that was very good.  I think that we will stop
there for lunch and there is a Maverick gas station/convenience store across
the street.  There isn't a park like in Huntington, but we can get out of the
weather, sunny or ? and the parking lot is big enough for all of us.

Second, the hotel, Howard Johnsons Hidden Falls, is nice and the proprietor,
Art, anxiously awaits our arrival.  Paul did a super job of laying the ground
work for us.  Art says, "Hi, Paul", and he's going to miss meeting you in
person.
Turns out that even though the internet ad indicates that there is a pool and
hot tub, that is false.  Neither exists, but we didn't miss them, we were
having too much fun.  The hotel also has a free breakfast with: toast, bagels,
cereal, coffee, waffles, sweet rolls, boiled eggs, fruit juice, and fresh
fruit.  A good way to start the day.  There is a Mexican restaurant fifty yard
from the hotel as well as a Sinclair gas station/convenience store.  Kind of
like your own private set up.

The rooms are nice and they were quiet.  They have a fridge and a microwave in
them.  Our room looked out over a beautiful view of the red rock cliffs.

We spent Saturday afternoon, all day Sunday, and this morning, driving various
routes and checking out scenic viewpoints.  The area is just getting out of
Winter, imagine that, and the trees should be in full bloom in 11 Days.  Every
where we went, the roads were in great touring shape.  Ask us about our Three
Waterfalls in Three Days.

Another thing, one of the times that we were talking with the proprietor, he
mentioned that he had 13 rooms reserved by us.  If you are going, would you be
so kind as to send me a brief email indicating that and your cell phone
number.  I'd like to have a complete list of tourers and cell numbers for our
safety as we travel.  Send your info to:

rogerdavis87@msn.com

Roger & JILL D.
Cell: 801-597-2154
Bmcu@autox.team.net