[Bmcu] The definitive answer to the querstion of the Fall Colour

To: "bmcu" <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bmcu] The definitive answer to the querstion of the Fall Colour
From: "DUFF LAWSON" <duff_lawson@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:08:29 -0600
The next item up on our infamous "Lucas Calendar" is the Fall Colour Tour.
Use your English A to Zed dictionary, Colour is to color as spanner is to
wrench.

As with the Alpine Loop this year, this is one of the events that had no
volunteer for a sponsor.  Therefore your EFL (ever fearless leader) will make
it happen.

So, we will gather at the Zoo parking lot and go up Immigration and East
Canyons and then out to Hennefer.  Then we will wind our way back to Oakley,
UT, on the side roads and stop for a repast at the Road Island Diner.  Check
out the story behind this amazing building, it's incredible journey and the
stunning menu at
http://www.roadislanddiner.com/<http://www.roadislanddiner.com/>.  Ok, so the
menu wasn't working the other day when I tried it but I looked a few months
ago and they had a really interesting mix of choices.

>From there we will continue on the back roads to Deer Valley Resort and The
St. Regis Hotel for the "Sabrage Ceremony".  Sabrage is a fancy French word
for "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we hacked off the top of a bottle of campaign
with a really big knife?"  So ... as they are the crazy French ... that's
exactly what they do.  It's quite a show.  They also then give out a free
sample.  From there you are on your own to get home, safely!

All of this will begin at 11:00 AM (for an 11:30 departure) on Sunday, LET ME
REPEAT, SUNDAY, October 3rd, 2010.  This is one of the events each year that
we try to schedule on the other day of the weekend.  This time of year we have
to be more aware of the weather so the rain date will be October 10th, the
following Sunday.  You may rest assured that I will be watching the weather
forecasts closely as the event draws nigh and the email the day before will
pretty much be the final word.  My intention however, is to stick to the 3rd
unless it's snowing!
Bmcu@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive