[Bmcu] Laygear Shaft Problems

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bmcu] Laygear Shaft Problems
From: KEVIN VAL CREPS <kevvalc@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:21:26 -0600
My transmission laygear shaft seems to be spinning or burrowing its way
through my front cover.  I still have .090" of front cover left, but
eventually it will make it through, and that would make for a bad day.  The
shaft seems fine, with no notable wear or play in the laygear.  Questions:
Should this shaft be spinning at all?  Has anyone out there experienced this
problem before?  Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be
appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help,
Kevin Creps
1960 MGA