[Bmcu] Mini needed for World record.

To: bmcu@autox.team.net
Subject: [Bmcu] Mini needed for World record.
From: "Dylan Thurston" <dylan.thurston@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:49:59 -0600
Hey guys,
 I was contacted today by a gentleman from the Edgemont Stake here in Provo.
He saw my little yellow mini and had me contact him. His stake broke some
sort of world record last year (I'm not sure what it was) and this year they
are looking to do the same. This year they wanted to break the "Most people
in a mini cooper" record (21 people is the current record), and when he saw
mine he thought it was the perfect opportunity. I had agreed to do it (i
thought it would be fun) but it turns out there are restrictions on what
mini coopers qualify for the record. It has to be an original (pre 2001)
British mini cooper, and come to find out it there are specific years that
are allowed (not sure why) I can't remember the exact year but i thought it
was like 1965-1969 or 1990-1999 or the mini cooper S years 1969-1971. I have
an '82 and for some reason don't qualify. Well he asked me if i knew of
anyone who might have a qualifing mini, and of course the first place to
turn is the friendly folks of the BMCU. He said he would try to contact us
through the email on the site (but i'm not sure if it that goes to the
mailing list or not..) So i thought i would send a message for him. If you
think you might be willing to do this. please send a message to the forum
and try to contact him at Charles@abbott-abbott.com (i also have his phone
number but i don't know if he wants me to hand it out.)  Also he noted that
they would take care not to damage anything (and if by chance anything did
get damaged they would pay for the damages) they would be using girls ages
18+  and at least 5 feet tall and they would not be wearing shoes or belts.
Thanks to everyone who listened.
-Dylan