Re: [Bmcu] reminder: 20th Alpine Loop Run this Saturday

To: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>, BMCU Membership <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] reminder: 20th Alpine Loop Run this Saturday
From: Rondo Rawlings <rompinrondo99@q.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:56:51 -0600
the rawlings'

rondo-hamburger
barbara-frank

> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:36:46 -0600> From: gary@cs.utah.edu> To:
bmcu@autox.team.net> Subject: [Bmcu] reminder: 20th Alpine Loop Run this
Saturday> > Alpine Loop Run and Raffle> Saturday, August 16, 2008> > Folks the
time has come!> > The BMCU's 20th anniversary and this years Alpine Loop and
raffle are > soon to become a reality.> > First order of business is food.
This year the BMCU board will be > providing the lunch at the Heber City park.
I need to get a rough idea > as to how many folks will be having burgers and
how many would like > franks? I'll take your emails and tally the information
prior to heading > off to do the grocery shopping. Please keep in mind that it
is against > the law to bring alcoholic beverages to any parks in Heber,
that's all > I'm saying about that. We will also be providing sodas, water and
sides.> > Second, there has been mention of naming one of the annual events in
> memory of Michael Scoggins. I very nice gesture indeed, but those of us >
who knew Michael well have talked it over and we believe that he in his >
quiet way would probably not go for it, and as Paul said: with his > twisted
sense of humor would probably make it rain that day anyway! It > will be nice
at the Heber picnic to raise a glass of remembrance to our > comrade. He would
of liked it that way.> > Third, if you know of, or have any donations to add
to our raffle stash, > the more the merrier!> > Fourth, we will also be
unveiling the new BMCU T-shirts (20th > Anniversary edition) and hopefully the
new Golf shirts too!> > Date and time: August 16th, 9am at South Towne Mall
(106th South exit on > I-15) for a 10am departure. For those who are coming
from southern > locales, we expect to stop at about 10:45am for bio
reconditioning at > the C-store in Alpine just before SR 92 enters Alpine
Canyon (I forget > which oil company operates it).> > A small group of
volunteers will make their way to Heber ahead of the > rest of the group to
hopefully have lunch hot and ready as the cars roll > into town.> > -- Mitch
D. Johnson> BMCU Gov Genr'l (for now)>