Hello from a new member

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hello from a new member
From: "Dow Shirley" <dowshirey5499@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:03:07 -0700
Greetings!

I received a welcome email from Gary Lindstrom a couple weeks ago, and I've
seen a couple of emails hit my inbox from this list.  I thought it'd be best
to provide a small introduction to provide everyone a little about myself
and my LBC.

My name is Dow Shirley and I have recently "re-acquired" my '79 Midget from
my father's garage.  According to the tag stamped on the inside door, she
was born in Jan. of 1979 in England.  I was born and raised in a small
suburb of Dallas, Tx, called Lewisville.  This was my car in my high school
days ('87/'88).  I was married in '90 and moved to Utah in '95.  I left my
little car with my father since he had a garage and I knew I'd be apartment
hopping for a while and wouldn't have a place to keep my car.  I had parked
the car in late '92 to remove the carb and have it rebuilt.  I was in "tune
up" mode and wanted to try out a Grose jet in it.  After the rebuild I was
able to get it back on the car, but time and other things kept me from
getting back to it.  My idea was that my little brother and sister would
keep her running by going for a joy ride every now and then.  Unfortunately,
this didn't happen.  At any rate this brings me to where I am today.  I've
finally got her to my home in Tooele where I now face the daunting task of
getting her back on the road.  I finally found the BMCU site after a few
weeks of searching and fired off an email to join up.  I was happy to see a
group of LBC owners here locally.  I've found the MG Enthousiast website and
have gotten several good tips from their BBS.

 After a 12 year hibernation, I have begun replacing the rubber and thought
I'd start with the brakes.  I've had the plugs out for a few weeks now with
Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinders.  I figure I'll let them soak until I
can get the brakes back online and get the fuel system cleaned up.  I'm a
computer technician by trade, however I'm only a weekend mechanic.  If I can
bolt it on to the engine I can probably handle it, but when it comes to the
inner workings of the engine and "electricks" I'm an inexperienced newb.
I've done the brakes on all the vehicles I've owned as well as a fuel pump,
alternators, air pump, here and there.

Well that gives ya'll a little about me, and it looks from the BMCU website
ya'll are good group of folks sharing a common passion.  I've thrown
together a quickie website so if anyone wants to take a peek at my little
project, feel free.

http://www.geocities.com/raven_kind/79Midget.html

I look forward to hearing from everyone and I'm open to ANY advice about
getting this little beauty back on the road and maybe even showing her off a
bit :-)

Thanks for your time,

Dow