Reminder: Alpine Loop this Saturday 8/16

To: BMCU Membership <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reminder: Alpine Loop this Saturday 8/16
From: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:20:01 -0600
Alpine Loop Run
"Sweet Sixteen"
The BMCU's 16th annual Alpine Loop Run and Picnic will be held Saturday
August 16, 2003. This is undeniably the club's most popular event. It's
always such fun to see the looks on folks faces as we cruise through
their part of town.

We will stick to the well proven plan of: Meeting at the southeast
parking lot of the South Towne Mall on Saturday August 16, at 9:00 AM
for a 10:00 AM departure. Folks from Utah County and south can meet up
with the group at the Chevron station in Highland around 10:30 to 10:45
AM. There will be a chance to buy raffle tickets before departure and
last minute ticket purchases at the Heber picnic area.

The trip starts at the South Towne Mall, onto the I-15 frontage road,
and onto Utah Highway 92. Utah Highway 92 takes us east into American
Fork Canyon and past Timpanogos cave. The road climbs steeply from
there. At the summit we drop down past Deer Creek Reservoir and into
good old Heber City. Here we meet at the park behind City Hall for lunch
and the famous raffle! We then leave Heber, climb past the Jordanelle
Reservoir (hopefully still with water in it!) and through Francis,
Kamas, Oakley, Peoa, Brown's Canyon and into Park City. While in Park
City we can make a practice run down main street to give the local's a
taste of what to expect on Miner's Day! Then out towards K-Mart and
Kimball Junction and I-80 for home!

This event is a big money raiser for our little group. Please be
generous with your ticket purchases. And if you or your company have
anything to donate to our raffle, we would love to have it. Bring the
items along to the South Towne Mall on the day of the event, or contact
Mitch Johnson (spitfiresrule@msn.com <mailto:spitfiresrule@msn.com>), or
801-547-1087.