Boondoggle Sound Readings (Group 1)

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Boondoggle Sound Readings (Group 1)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 00:20:55 EST
As you may know, some of us did sound measuring of all run groups (except
Group 6, who were so quiet that I packed it in after everyone's first  runs!).
I'd like to thank Duncan Minalga,  Gary Fellers and others  for their help.
We measured on the "backstretch" between 2 right hand  corners, near Station 5.
 Some of you were letting off the gas  extremely early (hint, hint...) and we
may not have gotten you at your  loudest.  We'll be continuing this
measurement throughout the  year.

Part of the reason we're doing this is to insure compliance with SFR's
maximum sound limit (95 dBA @ 100 feet) and make sure we're good neighbors and
get
to keep sites, and part of it is for those of us who are going to San Diego
where their numbers are considerably less lenient (93 _dB  @ 50_
(mailto:dB@50)  feet), and their enforcement procedures even more strict.
Here's  how to
interpret the numbers.  We did our measurement at 50 feet.  To  translate that
to SFR's 100 foot number, subtract 6 dB.  So, if you are  over 101 dB at 50
feet, you're over 95 at 100 feet.  If you're at 93 or  over, you'll be in
trouble in San Diego.
If you registered less than 90 dBA, we have no reading for you and that's a
good thing!  If we only have one or two readings for you, then you either
weren't loud enough on the other run(s).  Other Groups to follow:

GROUP 1:
77BSP: 92
111???: 93/90
21DSP: 96