Slush events #2 and #3

To: Bay Area AutoX <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Slush events #2 and #3
From: Tim Dolan <cyclist@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:34:07 -0800 (PST)
Hello autocrossers,

  Event #2 has now ended and Anthony Zwain and Sarah Scherzi are now event
chair veterans. They both did an excellent job on their first time out and got
the event started within 10 minutes of the scheduled time. That can be very
difficult to do.

  There were a number of comments made about the course design, as the designer
was not there to direct the setup and make changes as 'obstacles' and safety
issues arouse. Several volunteers altered the design as the layout was under
way, most notably Ben Martinez, which made for a much improved course. In the
future, I will request that the event chairs require the course designer to be
present, if they themselves are not accomplished course designers or course
builders.

  Our next event will be on November 12th at Monster Park and will be chaired
by two old hands at this task: Bryan Nemy and Chris Boyton. Starting time will
return to 9:00.

  Warm weather and clear skies are predicted.

  Thanks,

  Tim