Re: Tire pressure v camber

To: "ba-autox Bay Area AutoX" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire pressure v camber
From: "Scott & Charlotte Miller" <bimmerdogs@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:42:41 -0700
More negative camber would reduce the scrubbing of the outside edges
of the tires.  More air in the tires would also help.  Does the car
understeer or is it pretty neutral?  If it understeers, put more air
in front than in back - for rear drive cars, usually anywhere from 2
to 5 PSI depending.  Experiment.  Mark the outside edges of your tires
with chalk or white liquid shoe polish before each run and then check
them after each run.  This will show how much you're rolling over on
the sidewalls.  If it rolls over too far, add more air.  If it isn't
using all of the tread, remove air.

Good luck,

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA