bay bridge closed june 2 to june 4

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: bay bridge closed june 2 to june 4
From: "james creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 18:53:06 -0700
looks like this will affect our school and event that weekend.

james

OSP - Other Spans, Perhaps

>From Friday June 2, 2006 at approximately 10:00 pm until Sunday June 4, 2006
at approximately 10:00 am, the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge lower level
will be closed to traffic because of increased activity of the retrofit.
Eastbound traffic will be closed to motorists completely until Sunday at
approximately 10 AM.

>From June 2 through June 5, 2006, (and possibly June 9-12) Caltrans will be
closing 1st and Essex Street on-ramps for the entire weekend. History has
shown Caltrans that this creates major traffic delays on City streets and
they are working feverishly to get this information out.

On Friday June 2nd at approximately midnight BART will begin running
all-night service until approximately 10 AM on Sunday morning at which time
BART will resume their regular Sunday service.

Westbound traffic into SF will be allowed on the Bridge over the weekend.
Traffic from I-80 Westbound headed for 101 South will be taken off at
Fremont Street and detoured to the 4th street on-ramp. Motorists bound for
the East Bay from San Francisco will have to take alternate bridges.