Round 7 (The Tour) and Round 8

To: Bay Area AutoX <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Round 7 (The Tour) and Round 8
From: Tim Dolan <cyclist@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello autocrossers,

  Warm weather and clear skies greeted over 300 participants at the Atwater
Tour this past weekend. Chaired by Bryan Nemy and Rob Boyton, the event ran
quite smoothly and was enjoyed by everyone I spoke with. Chris Cox designed a
course that was challenging and quick and worked beautifully in both
directions. It was one of those events where only compliments were heard in the
pits. A big thank you to the chairs and the army of volunteers it took to put
on the show.

  Next weekend is the Pro; once again chaired by Bryan and Rob. With a drag
strip type start and two mirrored courses set up side by side, it is an
interesting event to spectate, especially from the spots afforded to volunteers.

  Our next SFR chapter event will be round 8 at Marina on May 14. Alan Gruner
and Alan Chin have the honors of assembling this event and will be requesting
volunteers next week. Please heed their call.

  Warm weather and clear skies are predicted. Maybe an ocean breeze to boot!

  Thanks,

  Tim