Alameda County Sheriff's Emergency Vehicle Operations Center?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Alameda County Sheriff's Emergency Vehicle Operations Center?
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:50:12 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:MWood24020@aol.com

"This small site was mentioned earlier today. It might be perfect for small

club events which I'm now helping organize.

Does anyone have specific contact information to start my fact finding
relative to the site?

Thanks
Mike"
Pat and I toured the AC Sheriff's site several years ago and, like Charlie
Davis, found the lack of paddock space for 200+ cars to be a major problem.
        However, It will be worth while to maintain contact with the
Sherrifs. Among their long-term plans was additional pavement in their
area. How that would sit with the encroaching neighbors is an unknown.
There is a functional rifle range in the same area.
While I can hear them and know what it is from our residence, you never
know.

        We also toured the NASA/Moffett Field site in Mtn. View and thought
we were moving ahead quite nicely. Then some top brass vetoed the deal.
Your turn. <G>

        A similar thing happened with Hamilton. We ran several events there
when Katie Elder was our leader. Hamilton's problem was a retired military
oficer living on post complained about the car "noise."
        When we ran at the San Mateo County Fairgrounds (next to Bay
Meadows) several of our people ran unmuffled. When I requested they quiet
their race car, I was informed I could shove it some place where the sun
doesn't shine. The County Fair management was much nicer when telling me
they couldn't find space on their calendar for future events.
        Thus in the words of the immortal Pogo, "I have seen the enemy and
he is us."

--John Kelly