Re: San Jose Grand Prix wrap-up

To: 76067.1750@compuserve.com, john@harlie.idsfa.net,
Subject: Re: San Jose Grand Prix wrap-up
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 20:31:27 -0400

Message text written by "Rob Lipton"

"interesting issue, the Police, almost definitionally get to go almost
anyplace they want to go in their jurisdiction, this is one of the
perks, power highs, etc,  of the job, telling them they can't go
somewhere is like a red cape to a bull, my sense is that one way to talk
with them would be to emphasize safety issues, "Hi officer Power Tripp,
we are suggesting that perhaps standing in front of the race car going
150 mph might not be a life pro-longing activity, perhaps like the rest
of the human race that doesn't have a crew cut, ray bans, badge and a
gun, you might want to get behind the safety barrier, just a thought""

Now there's a sensible approach.

--John Kelly