Re: piggy-back engine management systems and smog--

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: piggy-back engine management systems and smog--
From: "Steve Ryan" <sjryan84@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 06:30:45 -0700
Thank you--I was under the impression that the smog tech's actually hooked
into the OBDI system, like the OBDII system--but then promptly realizeed there
is no output port!

Do they not check the car for check engine codes?  I know a burnt out o2
sensor will fail smog, do they check for faults only if the car fails?

Steve